Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.
― Terry Pratchett
The only limits for tomorrow are the doubts we have today.
–Pittacus Lore, The Power of Six
It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
– Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.
– Paulo Coelho, The Zahir
– Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Most people are nice when you finally see them.
– Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.
– Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat
Travel far enough, you meet yourself.
– David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.
– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Who, being loved, is poor?
– Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance