In a society that profits from your self doubt, liking yourself is a rebellious act.
To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered.
– A Court of Mist and Fury, Sarah J. Maas
Perhaps it was freedom itself that choked her.
– Patricia Highsmith, The Price of Salt
It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.
– Roald Dahl, The Witches
Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.
– Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
We need never be ashamed of our tears.
– Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
She had waited all her life for something, and it had killed her when it found her.
– Zora Neale Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God
No one forgets the truth; they just get better at lying.
– Richard Yates, Revolutionary Road
We can experience nothing but the present moment, live in no other second of time, and to understand this is as close as we can get to eternal life.
– P.D. James, The Children of Men
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
– Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray